Yet another heatwave! Unlike their humans, our furry friends don’t have the same adaptability to hot summer days. That is why they face the brunt of the sunny days that are so much enjoyed by us.
You might be looking for a dog paddling pool to ease your pup suffering or perhaps you want to add a dash of fun to their excited lives.
However, with so many options out there which is the best for your pooch?
Don’t worry we got your back. With this guide we’ll review the best dog paddling pools in the UK saving you time and money. So, sit back and have a read to find out the dog pool for your four-legged hyper-hot friend.
Don’t have the time to read the whole guide? No worries. Here are the top 3 dog paddling pools our experts choose:
Our top picks
Top 5 Dog Paddling Pools
Before we dive into how to choose a dog swimming pool and what to watch out for, we present you the cream of the crop, the best dog pools reviewed right away.
The Pecute pool is one of the most beloved dog pools of many dog owners. Why you ask? Well, you don’t need to inflate anything, and you also don’t have to flood your garden to dry the pool.
It comes with some useful design features such as slotted wooden boards that help it stand upright and add weight to its structure.
The Pecute dog paddling pool comes in a family-friendly size, so your kids can enjoy the outdoors with your pets.
The outer lining of this product is thick enough to withstand the outdoor elements and the entire thing can be folded easily once you are done using it.
Finally, the inner floor lining has a great texture which is non-slippery, so your dogs won’t slip when enjoying a cooling bath in the garden. It is a very affordably priced pool that is durable and long-lasting, so it offers great value to its customers.
- It uses non-toxic PVC material that is resistant to scratches
- Easy setup without the need for using any air pumps
- It can easily be folded due to a less rigid outer lining
- The product is fitted with a quick drain plug
- Non-slippery interior floor lining
- A multi-purpose pool that can also be used by kids
- Very sturdy design and built to last
- The product comes with a very affordable price tag
- The pool can develop leaks
- Not ideal for large dogs
The Femor dog pool comes in a bright red colour which helps your dogs to enjoy the bright sunny outdoors.
This pool is big enough that it can be used by large dogs and its durable design means that your dogs can play as much as they want without damaging the interior lining.
It is 163 cm wide and 30 cm deep, so your kids can easily fit into it with your pooch. The premium quality of PVC used in the construction of this pool is sturdy and tough enough to withstand scratches.
The pool is designed to be watertight with screw fixations dotted across the whole structure. This product is made in such a way that you can quickly assemble it.
Once your dog is done playing and splashing around the pool, you can quickly drain the pool and fold it and stash it away in a moment’s notice. People love this pool due to its flexibility and the fact that it can easily be cleaned due to its thoughtful design.
- The large dimension of the pool can fit a dog with a maximum weight of 110kg
- Lightweight design that can be easily carried around and stored
- A watertight inner compartment that is fixated with screws
- It can easily be folded after use
- An anti-skid inner floor that is resistant to scratches
- Ergonomic design that is easily foldable
- Sturdy construction that is very durable
- It is pretty lightweight and portable
- Not suited for dogs that are too energetic and boisterous
- It is not durable enough
The Yaheetech dog swimming pool is a product that your dogs will instantly fall in love with. The pool is well-built and made to last for a long time.
The inner floor is tough and it can accommodate up to two large dogs due to its spacious dimensions. The bottom is scratch-resistant, so even if your pets love to scratch things, it would find it difficult to poke a hole in this product.
This pool comes with a handy plug that enables it to drain the water out from its sides. Even if you have a German shepherd or Labrador, this pool can easily accommodate your furry friend.
It can easily be emptied and cleaned, so you can use it throughout the day without any hassle. This can easily be called one of the best dog paddling pools in the UK as it is loved by most users.
- This colourful pool comes in different sizes to suit a wide variety of dogs
- A versatile pool that can be used both outdoors and indoors
- The product is lightweight and can be easily carried around
- Very easy to set up and drain the water
- It uses a high-quality PVC material that is durable and waterproof
- It has a very good build quality
- The PVC material is UV protected
- This versatile pool that can fit large dogs
- It is not suitable for very hyper dogs
- The bottom compartment is prone to leaks
The Winipet dog swimming pool is an ideal product for playful dogs who want to bask under the sun and enjoy the summer heat.
The high-quality PVC used in the construction of this product helps it to be durable and long-lasting. This dog pool can accommodate your dogs and kids and let them enjoy while splashing around in the water.
The entire product is not too heavy, so it can be easily folded and set up wherever you like. The sides are lined with a 0.45 cm wooden board, so it won’t collapse and is sturdy enough to resist the occasional scratches from your furry friends.
The Winipet dog swimming pool is resistant to cold weather and the outer layers are UV protected, so you can use it even under subzero or very high temperatures.
The plug that is used to drain the water is tightly sealed, so it cannot be broken easily. The bottom is not slippery, so your children or pets can safely play around in the pool. Overall, it is a great product that comes with an affordable price tag.
- A lightweight and portable pool that can easily be folded after use
- It has a total volume of about 400 liters
- The 120 cm by 30 cm dimension is ideal for both your kids and dogs to play around simultaneously
- The robust wooden cardboard lining is scratch-proof
- It can be used in very extreme temperatures due to its high-quality PVC composite material
- A very sturdy pool that pops up very easily
- It comes with a great price
- It folds down easily
- The rim can develop leaks easily
- It is not ideal for large dogs that like to play around in the pool
The Forever Speed dog swimming pool is for pooches that like to play around underwater. It can handle playful dogs well due to its amazing build-quality and sturdy construction.
The high-quality PVC used to make this pool can handle high summer temperatures, so your dogs can bathe and have fun around the pool even under extreme heat.
The large dimension means that it can fit large dogs with relative ease. The useful design features employed during making this pool helps it to easily fold up after use. Most users have positive feedback about this product as it makes their dogs very happy.
The bottom compartment is tightly sealed, so there are no chances of any kind of leaks developing in it. It weighs 7.2 kg when it is folded, so you can conveniently carry it around and set it up wherever you want.
- This foldable pool can handle extreme heat
- 160 cm by 30 cm is large enough to accommodate big dogs
- It used eco-friendly PVC material
- The product can be easily folded to a small size
- Sturdy design and long-lasting
- The sides are very durable
- It can accommodate big playful dogs
- The bottom compartment is well padded
- The pegs are not secured enough
- The price tag may put off some buyers
How to choose a good dog paddling pool?
Many dog owners lack the knowledge of what makes a dog paddling pool good. Certain features can make or break this product, and once you know about it, you can make an informed decision.
So, what features makes a dog swimming pool great?
The feature that customers look for when buying a dog swimming pool is if it’s durable or not. A product cannot be thought of as good unless it is durable and long-lasting.
Dog pools tend to develop leaks early on due to being used by playful dogs. It should be scratch-resistant and durable so that leaks don’t occur easily.
Most dog owners are willing to pay top price for a product that can last long. At the end of the day, I wouldn’t want to end up paying twice and my guess is neither would you.
So the first task in the list is to check whether it’s made of durable and healthy materials or not.
Choosing one made from safe materials
In addition to build quality, you’re better off with a scratch resistant material. If your pooch is a seasoned scratcher, a flimsy cover will get both the pool and your wallet dented.
What materials are there?
PVC: Heavy duty PVC is both tough and flexible. Most easily foldable dog paddling pools will be made of PVC.
Polyurethane: This durable polymer is great at resisting your master-scratcher.
With size your first step is to decide why you want the dog pool. Is it for your pooch to be immersed in cold water, also splash or actually swim in it? It actually depends on your dog’s size.
For a large dog, you may not have much of a chance for them to swim. However, a large pool for a small sized dog could be used for immersing or actually swimming.
Designed for ease of use
The design of a dog swimming pool is another important aspect. A product that can fold easily will add more convenience, and therefore be a good reason purely due to ease of use.
The best dog swimming pool should be easy to set up, and once your dogs have finished using it, it should be easily folded up.
Is it portable?
Dog swimming pools that are made with good-quality PVC materials are lightweight, and thus they can easily be carried around. Probably your pooch couldn’t care less, well my Jasper doesn’t at least, but it makes life a lot easier for dog owners.
Portability is important for this product as it enables the user to have greater flexibility. If it isn’t heavy, then it can easily be carried around while travelling.
A portable dog swimming pool can be set up across a wide range of locations, be it indoors or outdoors. That is why customers love a portable pool as it gives them greater choices.
It’s important to find out how much water your chosen dog pool can contain. Too big of a pool and your garden is good for flooding and too little is no fun for your pup.
Benefits of having a dog pool
There are many advantages to having a dog swimming pool. The main one though is that it helps our furry friends to enjoy the warm outdoors during summertime whilst cooling them.
As mentioned earlier, most breeds of dogs such as Siberian Husky are not accustomed to high temperatures and it’s paramount to provide them an environment to cool down.
In addition to a dog pool which is enjoyed outdoors, you could also consider a dog cooling mat to keep your pup from overheating. It can go in tandem with the pool and can be used indoors.
A cooling vest also can be handy if both you and your pooch are keen walkers and still want to keep him cool as a cucumber.
Bonding between family members
It also helps them have fun while giving your children another avenue to develop stronger bonds with your pet by letting them play together at the pool.
Additional activity and exercise
If you have a pooch like my Jasper, you’ll enjoy observing their happiness during a splash frenzy. A dog swimming pool adds lots of fun into a high energy activity to keep your pooch healthy. At least to me, that’s priceless.
The element of water is not a daily available to most dogs. As opposed to walking and running a dog pool provides additional stimuli which will keep your pooch’s mind active.
Below is a list of general questions that most buyers have before buying a dog swimming pool.
Ideally, a dog swimming pool that has dimensions in the range of 150 cm by 30 cm should be adequate to fit a large-sized dog.
Most dog pools are very easy to clean, especially the best ones that can easily be drained and folded after use. The top picks listed in the article all have good design features that make them simple to clean after use.
The best pools come with sturdy design, so it is hard to make them leak, even if you have a large playful dog.
One pro tip is to trip your dog’s nail before you let them play in the pool so that they can’t scratch the insides of the pool.
All the dog swimming pools come with a plug that is usually placed on the sides of the pool. Once your dog has finished bathing, you can easily unplug and drain out the water quickly.
Canine hydrotherapy is generally used for post operation recovery and serious chronic conditions.
By its design and capacity, most paddling pools won’t be large enough for bigger dogs to receive canine hydrotherapy. They’re more suited to help your pooch cool his body temperature.
The best dog paddling pool comes with a wide range of features that make it an unbeatable product and a great value proposition to us. Ideally it should make our fury family members’ life more convenient, and help our dogs splash around in water.
The top pick for us is the Pecute paddling pool due to its amazing features and great price.
Having said that, all the dog swimming pools reviewed in this article are great products. Some are more suitable for larger dogs whilst others for an energetic puppy.
Haven’t decided yet? Here is the top 5 in a nutshell:
Our Top Picks
- 🐾 【Safe and Sturdy】: Adopted safe and non-toxic premium PVC...
- 🐾 【Convenient Storage】:Just need a few seconds to set up and put...
- 🐾 【Multi-purpose】: This collapsible swimming pool not only can be...
- ❤️ENJOY COOL SUMMER! Good choice for child and pet cooling. Remember...
- ❤️FOLDABLE: Easy to store, space-saving, easy to keep it clean. The...
- ❤️PREMIUM QUALITY: Made of durable PVC material and thicken board
- Multiple sizes: There are multiple sizes for options, ranging from big dogs...
- Portable & foldable: This pet pool can be folded into a compact size for...
- Simple to use: Pool wall consists of regular rectangle fiberboards, and it...
- ♚ Multi-purpose Dog Swimming Pool: This pet swimming pool can be used...
- ♚ Safe and Durable dog swimming pool: It is made of high-quality PVC...
- ♚ Non-slip and strong Pet bathing tub: The bottom material is thickened...
- Summer's coming,the foldable pet pool could give your dog a cool and fun...
- Foldable, small size when fold, eays to store, can take bath for you dog...
- Material: eco-friendly PVC, Color: Light Blue / Dark Blue
Which one did you choose?
Now that you’re armed with the knowledge from the ultimate guide to buying a dog paddling pool, which one you picked? Why not let other readers know in the comments sections which one you picked and why.
Sharing is caring
If you enjoyed this article, why not share it on Facebook with your friends. You might inspire a dog owner to treat their pooch too.