Dogs need toys for mental enrichment and physical exercise. But where do your pet’s playthings go when not being used?
If your answers are on the carpet or wherever the dog puts it, it sounds like you might need a toy box before you wind up stubbing your toe.
Dog toy boxes are your ticket to a tidier, better-organised home, and a happier pooch who knows where to find his toys.
However, with so many options out there, which are the best?
Don’t worry, we got it all sorted for you.
In this article, we’ll review the best 5 dog toy baskets and fill you in on what key features you should be looking for.
In a hurry? Here is the top 3:
Our Top Picks
Best Dog Toy Boxes
Before we dive into what features you should look in a dog toy basket, we present you the top 5 individually reviewed:
Dog toys spread across your home are tripping hazards in the making. Keep your home tidy and prevent injury by keeping your pet’s extensive collection of playthings in one place.
Boasting muted tones and a sleek design, the Geyecete Storage Bin is for every modern home with animals.
The emblazoned writing and dog bone image are the design elements that complete this personalised dog toy basket.
Thanks to its lightweight, portable design, this toy box can fit under tables, on shelves, the floor or anywhere convenient.
The sturdy rope handles are another excellent feature that allow pet guardians to carry the box around relatively easily.
However, it might be a good idea to remove the rope to prevent ingestion. If your pet chews, he could swallow tiny yet dangerous filament.
The bin’s lowered front allows your pet to rummage through and find the toy of choice. Even the tiniest pups can have access to their favourite games and activities.
The water-resistant outer bamboo fabric is advantageous with dogs that track mud and muck through the house and onto their toys.
You’ll find that the toy box lasts longer than most of its contents!
- Trapezoid-shaped allows easy access for pets
- Made from waterproof bamboo fabric
- Features rope handles (thick cotton)
- Available in striped grey
- Water resistant outer fabric
- Lowered front for easy access
- 100% foldable
- Rope handles may be a choking hazard
If you indulge your pet with toys, doggy outfits, treats, and more, then you’ll need ample space to store all of it.
Pethiy Canvas Dog Toy Basket is one of the best pet organisation hampers around.
The high-quality canvas can withstand boisterous rummaging and occasional bites by overexcited canines as they search for toys.
Although the box weighs less than a kilogram, it boasts a sturdy frame that can hold a dozen or so toys.
Position the basket anywhere in your home. Thanks to its compact size and smart design, it can slip into small spaces and will complement your interiors.
The strong side handles let you haul the box around effortlessly to vacuum or keep out of reach of your pet.
You may be disappointed by the boxes’ durability if your dog likes to bite and gnaw vigorously.
- Stylish canvas box with convenient side handles
- Includes a metal rim around the top
- Lightweight and collapsible
- Compact and smart design
- Nearly flawless pet organisation hamper
- Not entirely durable against heavy chewers
This storage box’s pale green hue is an excellent match for any room’s colour palette, which means you don’t have to hide it when you invite guests over.
Besides its aesthetic appeal, the box is hard-wearing and durable, made from an extremely thick canvas that probably won’t fall apart after a bout of chewing.
Additionally, the material is stiff, which means that the box won’t sag when it’s empty.
The box’s interior is spacious to allow you to fit in all your dog’s paraphernalia with room to spare.
There isn’t a lid to the puppy toy box, which is favourable because it lets your dog find his toys independently.
If you’re concerned about letting your dog play unsupervised, just store the basket in a high place.
You can only handwash this product, which may be frustrating if the basket is filthy and requires a deep clean.
Additionally, wiping down the inner lining is tricky because it can’t be removed.
- Storage for your pet’s toys, blankets and all
- Made from durable green canvas
- Features a soft inner lining
- Dimensions: 32 x 32 x 23cm
- Doesn’t sag when emptied
- Hard-wearing and durable
- Foldable and collapsible
- Inner lining can’t be removed to wash
This canvas storage basket from Morezi is the ultimate storage solution that ends the inconvenience of finding your pet’s toys in strange places, like the cracks between couches.
Reclaim your living spaces, without toys scattered everywhere thanks to this cute and simple toy box that won’t take up a lot of space.
And, since the toy chest looks good, it might enhance your living spaces.
The toy bin is made from high-quality canvas that’s tough and portable.
Use the nifty handles to transport the container to different parts of your home. The item won’t break under the weight of your canine’s toys and accessories.
A small design flaw is that the box tends to fall over when standing half-empty, like that of your standard canvas shopping bag.
- Canvas burlap material toy basket
- Side handles included
- Dimensions: 40cm x 30cm x 20cm
- Boast a cute and simple but highly functional design
- Box falls over when empty
You need one of these Cream Canvas Dog Basket Boxes if you’ve ever stumbled over a dog toy in the dark.
Although you can’t easily teach your furry pal to put his toys away, you can make the tidying up after playtime easier with this handy and beautifully designed storage unit.
The basket size is generous enough and can hold a surprising amount of your pet’s toys.
Available in neutral shades, this puppy toybox won’t clash with the design of your living areas.
Don’t underestimate the durability of this basket box.
It may look ultra-stylish and elegant, but it can be pulled, pawed, dragged, and sat in without being destroyed by zealous animals that treat the box as another toy.
One slight downfall that you might experience is that the basket is extremely flexible. It can be tipped over by a wilful pup, with the contents spilling out everywhere.
- Cream/white toy boxes
- Durable, stylish, and sizeable
- Dimensions: 40 x 30 x 25 centimetres
- Handy and beautiful storage unit
- Exceptionally durable
- Can be tipped over
Guide to Purchasing Dog Toy Boxes
If you’re guilty of spoiling your dog, your lounge is probably covered with dog toys.
And probably it makes having a nice and tidy household seem impossible, right?
Wrong. A simple puppy toy basket can store all your canine’s paraphernalia. And you can enjoy quick clean-ups and locating toys and accessories in seconds come playtime or walks.
Do I Need a Dog Toy Basket?
Below are the top reasons for purchasing a toy box for your pooch:
Advantages of toy baskets
- Keep tripping hazards to a minimum
- Your canine friend benefits by knowing where to find his toys
- Pets that have fulltime access to their toys might lose interest
- A toy box might spike your pet’s interest in toys if he doesn’t have the opportunity to play with them all the time
Features To Look For
Toy storage boxes, hampers and baskets come in different designs. What you choose depends on your style.
However, keep these universal features in mind when shopping for the perfect storage box.
Boasts a sturdy construction
These boxes should hold the weight of a dozen or so of your puppy’s toys without breaking.
Having a bulky box taking up lots of space can be a hindrance and an eyesore.
Luckily, most toy boxes are compact and fit into small spaces. Slide them onto shelves, under the table, or in a dedicated room.
Chances are, your puppy might see the toy box as a suitable bite surface to relieve teething.
Therefore, if your puppy is a power chewer, buy an impenetrable toy box that your hound will eventually stop attempting to destroy.
Avoid baskets and hampers made from wood and wicker as these might not survive your puppy’s killer instinct to chew and destroy.
Read our guide to indestructible dog toys if your pooch is a renowned chew enthusiast.
You might want to train your pet to find his own toys if you’re busy. Therefore, the box should be designed to allow your pet easy access to his toys.
Several toy baskets have a lowered front that allows your pet to choose between playthings.
Waterproofed inner liner
After use, toys are likely wet and dirty, drenched with gob, rained on and buried in mud and sand.
On top of that, your dog might rummage through his box using his filthy paws.
Either way, your new toy box for dogs should contain a waterproof inner liner to protect it from the elements, and your dog.
It might be challenging to stuff a dog basket into the washing machine. However, that doesn’t mean it’s impossible to keep it spotless.
A good toy box can be spot cleaned using soapy water.
How to teach dogs to put toys in a box?
Teaching pets to put away toys
- Position the empty toy box between you and your dog and call them to you
- Give them treats as soon as their head is over the box
- Repeat until this behaviour is established
- Next, toss away a toy and give them treats when they bring it back to the box
- Start using short commands such as “clean up” when your pet puts away the toys
- Use different toys so that your pooch can associate command with more than one toy
- Once your dog is successful in performing each step, start reducing treat frequency
- Let them put away their toys 2 to 3 times before the next treat
A box made from tough canvas material might be chew-resistant.
Wooden boxes, baskets and hampers are fine to use if your pet isn’t teething or prone to gnawing. Avoid toy boxes made from wicker or wood because smaller pieces that may be swallowed are choking hazards.
No, toys lose their value if always available to dogs. Keep your pet’s toys in rotation.
Geyecete Large Dog Toys Storage Bins is today’s winner for several reasons. It’s aesthetically pleasing, blending with any environment, and is well designed to pack up and remove toys when desired.
The box also possesses favourable features, like a lowered front to allow easy access to toys, a waterproof outer covering, and straps on the side to haul the item around.
Another favourite is the Cream Canvas Dog Toy Basket Box as it’s easy on the eyes, and tough enough to withstand rough play and to scrabble around in.
Haven’t decided yet? Here is our top 5:
Our Top Picks
- 1.Elegant Design: Natural beige color perfectly blends in your home décor...
- 2.Durable Handles: Sturdy thickened cotton rope handles and full metal...
- 3.Sturdy Bins: Water resistant outer bamboo cotton fabric prevents moisture...
- Dog toy box/bin made of high quality canvas material.
- MEASUREMENTS - 30cms (12in) long by 20cms (8in) wide and 20cms (8in) high,...
- Stylish and Collapsible- Light weight toy storage could fold to 1" in...
- Our pet toy storage basket is made from hardwearing and durable green...
- This storage basket is wipe clean only. Use mild detergent, do not bleach,...
- This green pet toy storage box is suitable for dog toys, cat toys, pet...
- 1: Grey/Beige coloured Canvas Storage Basket - Perfect for Organizing Toy...
- 2: NURSERY CANVAS STORAGE BASKET SIZE: 40cm L x 30cm W x 20cm H - Perfect...
- 3: ECO-FRIENDLY STORAGE BINS: Made from canvas, lightweight with handles....
- Cream/white coloured dog toy basket - also available in Grey
- Dog toy box/bin made of high quality canvas material
- 40cms (16in) long by 30cms (12in) wide and 25cms (10in) high
So, which one is your favourite?
If you already decided which toy box suits best to your living room, why not tell us in the comments section below.
Sharing is caring
Oh go on then! Share this article with your friends and show off your new toy basket. Who knows, you might inspire them to spice up their living room and improve their pet’s life.