Amazon Associates Program Disclaimer
Dogreviews.co.uk is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Programme & Amazon Services LLC Associates Program which are affiliate advertising programs designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.co.uk and Amazon.com respectively.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc., or its affiliates.
At Dogreviews, we’re committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This Policy explains when and why we collect personal information about people who visit our website, how we use it and how we keep it secure.
We may change this privacy notice from time to time by updating this page in order to reflect changes in the law and/or our privacy practices. We encourage you to check this privacy notice for changes whenever you visit our website.
Any questions regarding this Policy and our privacy practices should be sent by email to [email protected]
Who are we
Dogreviews is a trading name of Alix Media Ltd, a company registered in England, registration number 11682345, registration address 79A The Ridgeway, NW11 8PJ, London. Alix Media Ltd is the data controller under the Data Protection Act 1998 and is registered with UK's Information Commissioner's Office, registration ref. A8704292.
What type of personal information about you do we collect?
Personal information that we’ll collect in connection with all of our services, if relevant, includes:
• Your name and email address.
• Marketing to you and analysing data, including history of those communications, whether you open them or click on links, and information about services we think you may be interested in, and analysing data to help target offers to you that we think are of interest or relevance to you
What is the source of your personal information?
We’ll collect personal information from the following sources:
• When you submit your email and name to us and agree to receive marketing communications
• When you get in touch with us using contact us page or make an enquiry with us
What do we use your personal data for?
• We ask for your email address in order to avoid fraudulent access to our site.
• We also use it to send special offers to you by email, from which you can unsubscribe at any time via the link in the email.
• We might send marketing communications to you by email, social media and digital channels (for example, using Facebook Custom Audiences and Google Custom Match).
• To comply with legal and regulatory obligations.
You can opt out of any email communications by following the unsubscribe links in the emails sent to you.
What are the legal grounds for our processing of your personal information?
We rely on your consent as the legal base to use your personal data.
Do we share your personal information with 3rd party organisations?
We never share your personal information with 3rd parties unless we’re ordered so by a competent legal authority.
How and when can you withdraw your consent?
Where we’re relying upon your consent to process personal data, you can withdraw this at any time by contacting us using the details below or unsubscribing from our newsletter by clicking unsubscribe link.
Is your personal information transferred outside the UK or the EEA?
We’re based in the UK but sometimes your personal information may be transferred outside the European Economic Area. If we do so we’ll make sure that suitable safeguards are in place, unless certain exceptions apply.
For how long is your personal information retained by us?
We’ll hold your personal information based on the following criteria:
• For as long as we have reasonable business needs such as managing our relationship with you.
• If your information is used for marketing purposes it will be kept until you notify us that you no longer wish to receive this information.
• Retention periods in line with legal and regulatory requirements or guidance.
What are your rights under data protection laws?
Here is a list of the rights that all individuals have under data protection laws. They don’t apply in all circumstances. If you wish to use any of them, we’ll explain at that time if they are engaged or not. The right of data portability is only relevant from May 2018.
• To access and receive a copy of the Personal Data we hold about you
• To rectify any Personal Data held about you that is inaccurate
• To request the deletion of Personal Data held about you
• You have the right to data portability for the information you provide to us. You can request a copy of your Personal Data in a commonly used electronic format so that you can manage and move it.
• You have the right, at any time, to object to us using your personal information
You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office which enforces data protection laws: https://ico.org.uk/. You can contact us using the details below.
How we protect your data
When you give us personal information, we take steps to ensure that it’s treated securely. All our pages and data you send us are encrypted and protected with the 128 Bit encryption on SSL. You can verify that you’re on a secure page by seeing a green lock icon in your browser’s address bar, when visiting our site.
What are cookies?
'Cookies' are small text files with information sent by the website and stored on your device to allow that website to distinguish between new visitors and returning members.
- Help us understand how our readers are using our website, so we can make our website better for everyone
- Help us personalise our website for you by remembering your choices and settings
- To find out if our emails have been read and if you find them useful
- If you leave a comment on our site you may opt in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment.
How do I revoke my initial consent for cookies to your website?
Aaah, it really breaks out heart. But if you must, please click the button below to revoke your consent:
Please note when you revoke your consent, we cannot personalise our website for you anymore.
What type of cookies we use
First Party Cookies
These are cookies set by the website you visit directly. If we set a first party cookies on your device, only our website can read them.
Third Party Cookies
These are cookies set by other websites than our website. For example, some webpages on our website may contain content from other websites such as a YouTube video which may put their own cookies. You can turn off these cookies also but not through us. We have no control over 3rd party cookies.
These are cookies that stay on your device after your browser is closed. We use them for more than one session to remember your preferences.
They generally have an expiration date after which time we need to ask your permission or preferences again.
These cookies only last as long as your online session. That's until you close your browser (such as Chrome, Safari or Firefox). Once you close your browser they're expired.
Strictly Necessary Cookies
These cookies are essential for our website to operate and for you to be able to browse our webpages.
These cookies are used to collect information about which pages are used most by counting the number of visitors. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. So, any personally identifiable information is not used at all.
We use aggregated statistical data to better understand how our readers use our website. This data is useful to improve our website and services.
These cookies help us personalize our content to your preferences.
How to remove cookies in general?
You can remove cookies stored on your computer via your browser settings.
Review of this Policy
We keep this Policy under regular review. This Policy was last updated in May 2020.
If you have any questions about this privacy notice, or if you wish to exercise your rights you can contact us by going to the Contact Us section of our website.